Rely on a high-performance Virtual
Backup and Replication solution
Why Altaro VM Backup?
Running our own virtualized environments, we realized that backing up and restoring VMs, Hyper-V clusters and VMware VMs inside vCenter was a needlessly complicated process without the use of a 3rd party tool. Existing products were overpriced, still complicated to configure and use and took ages to complete a job. We wanted to simplify while building in powerful and flexible features and the result is Altaro VM Backup.
Powerful and fast centralised full control & scalability
Managing and configuring backup/restore jobs across multiple hosts has never been simpler.
- Powerful functionality, easy to use – Offsite backup replication (with WAN acceleration), granular restore options for individual files and Exchange items, automated backup verification, and more!
- WAN-Optimized Replication – VMs can be replicated to a remote site continuously, dramatically improving the Recovery Time Objective (RTO). (Currently available with Hyper-V; VMware support coming soon)
- Continuous Data Protection (CDP) – VMs can be backed up as frequently as every 5 minutes, ensuring that in a data loss scenario, only a few minutes of data are lost, significantly optimizing the Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Flexibility without the complexities – Simply drag and drop selected VMs to your chosen backup schedules and retention policies
- Cloud Management Console – Ground-breaking cloud-based tool to centrally monitor and manage all your Altaro VM Backup installations from a single online console.
- 256-bit AES encryption – All Altaro offsite backup copies automatically benefit from 256-bit AES encryption through the secure passphrase you configure upon initial setup. Encryption is optional for local backups.
- RMM integration – Use the Altaro VM Backup with Connectwise Automate (LabTech) Plugin to automatically raise Alerts and Tickets in your ConnectWise Automate Control Center.
- Support for two-factor authentication (2FA) in Altaro’s online management platform, Cloud Management Console (CMC).
Best deduplication in the industry – Augmented Inline Deduplication
Altaro VM Backup with Augmented Inline Deduplication drastically reduces your storage requirements for your backup repository. When compared to other vendors, it is the best deduplication in the industry creating the smallest backup size. Our deduplication runs across all backup jobs, you don’t need to group virtual machines together (no use of post-processing). Requiring the least amount of backup space is only one of the benefits; Augmented Inline Deduplication also improves backup and restore speed.
Altaro VM Backup v8 introduces WAN-Optimized Replication functionality, that enables users to be back up and running in minimal time should disaster strike by switching to a replicated virtual machine (VM) that is running offsite. This is available in the Unlimited Plus edition of the product.
- WAN-Optimized Replication permits a business to make an ongoing copy of its virtual machines (VMs) to a remote site and to switch to that copy with immediacy should anything go wrong with the live VMs, such as damage due to hurricanes, fires and flooding.
- This dramatically reduces the recovery time objective (RTO), that is, the maximum duration of time that virtual machines and applications running on them can be down after a failure occurs.
This is currently available for Hyper-V and will soon be available for VMware.
- Managed Service Providers (MSPs) who use Altaro VM Backup for MSPs can now add WAN-Optimized Replication to their offering, with the ability to replicate VMs to the MSP’s infrastructure so that if a customer site goes down, that customer can immediately access its VMs and continue working through the MSP’s infrastructure.
- Much lower storage requirements. When compared to other vendors Altaro creates the smallest backup size!
- Faster backup and restore speed (less data to transfer)
- Savings on storage requirements continue to improve as more VM backups are added
- Augmented Inline Deduplication doesn’t tax server performance
- Best deduplication in the industry not only for creating the smallest backup size but uses Variable Block Size for best efficiency.
- Grandfather-Father-Son Archiving (GFS) – In addition to your continuous and daily backups, you can also archive different backup versions by setting up separate backup cycles to store a new backup version every week, every month and every year.